Peter Schillinger and Lori Finsterwald are skilled White Plains real estate litigators. They have successfully litigated breach of contract, specific performance and damage claims in numerous real estate cases.
Who We Represent
If you are a buyer or seller of real estate, a real estate developer and/or investor, a cooperative or condominium, sponsor or unit owner, a title insurer or insured, or a mortgage lender or borrower, we can represent you in any real estate dispute.
To schedule a consultation with one of our knowledgeable real estate litigation lawyers, contact us online or call our office in White Plains at 914-949-7800.
Westchester County Real Estate Dispute Attorneys
Real Estate Contract Disputes
We can represent you or your business in matters involving:
- Breach or failure to perform a real estate contract (including specific performance)
- Modification or amendment of contract
- Enforceability of agreement and terms
- Contract formation and claims involving fraud and forgery
- Mortgages and foreclosures
- Real estate brokerage agreements
- Commercial lease disputes
We handle a broad range of title insurance matters, including:
- Title and ownership disputes
- Boundary disputes, right of way matters, driveway disputes
- Improperly filed deeds and mortgages
- Title insurance coverage
- Fraudulent transfers of real estate
- Notices of pendency (or lis pendens)
Real Estate Litigation
We regularly litigate real estate cases involving:
- Development disputes
- Property ownership disputes, including joint ownership issues
- Property damage
- Interference with use of property (trespass and nuisance)
- Adverse possession
Cooperatives and Condominiums
When there is a legal dispute involving a cooperative or a condominium, we can offer you the high-quality representation you need to resolve the matter. We represent cooperatives and condominiums, boards of directors and boards of managers, and individual unit owners in a wide range of co-op and condo disputes, including:
- Commercial leases and commercial contracts
- Management and operation of co-ops and condos
- Claims concerning sales, purchases and transfers
- Maintenance, assessments and fees
- Governance by the board of directors or board of managers
- Lawful use of units
We represent contractors, owners, engineers, suppliers, and condominiums and cooperatives in construction disputes arising from building and renovation projects, including matters of:
- Code compliance
- Construction and design defects
- Work delays
- Damage to property
- Non-payment claims
- Breach of contract
Our practice covers real estate disputes in New York City, White Plains, Westchester, Putnam, Orange, Rockland and Long Island.
Personalized Real Estate Litigation Services
At Schillinger & Finsterwald, we provide prompt and personal attention to our clients. Our services are specifically tailored to meet the goals and financial objectives of every client in each case.
Attorneys at our firm combine their thorough understanding of real estate and business law with courtroom experience to provide the highest quality legal services. We have successfully litigated cases concerning ownership of apartment buildings and shopping centers, sales and purchases of commercial real estate, fraud and forgery claims, mortgage rights and more.
Contact Our New York Litigation Firm
To speak to our experienced New York real estate litigation attorneys, contact us online or call our office in White Plains at 914-949-7800.